Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jean Seberg in BREATHLESS

For my first post, I picked one of my all-time favorite movies. In the classic French film by Jean-Luc Godard, Breathless (1960), Jean Seberg plays Patricia, an American in Paris who falls in love with a wanted criminal. Despite it being in black and white, the style in the film leaps out at you. I picked my three favorite looks for inspiration:

1.


2.


3.


I love how Seberg is able to go from cute tomboy to feminine movie star in one scene. To capture this minimal French look, you'll need a sleek pixie cut, winged eyeliner, and a wardrobe full of stripes. Below, I put together three different outfits inspired by the above stills from the movie. 


1. Maison Scotch t-shirt, conleys.de; H&M trousers; Zara bucket bag; Old Navy penny loafers. 
2. Forever21 fedora; striped shirt from justjeans.com.au; crochet shorts from pullandbear.com; Lord & Berry liquid eyeliner, asos.com; Anne Klein bracelet, macys.com. 
3. Madewell Stucco Stripe Songbird dress; Harriet Wilde Joanie Court shoe, harrods.com; Irving Place Little Nadine bag, katespade.com; Diane cateye sunglasses, ocshades.com. 


All three looks would be very easy to translate into your daily look. The first is great for class or the weekend; the second would be perfect for summer days at the beach; and the third would make a great date night outfit (I especially love that Madewell dress). Now go cut your hair and practice the three French words you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment